cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Enterprise Vault Mailbox Archiving for Exchange - Archive Lync Messages?

tmurray1
Level 5

Hello,

Will Enterprise Vault Mailbox Archiving for Microsoft Exchange archive Lync messages?  The message class is IPM.Note.Microsoft.Conversation.

If it is possible, does the version of EV matter (e.g. Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 9 SP2 only)?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If its in Exchange already, you can just add the message class, which you already know and add it to the site properties, then in the archiving policies under message classes, just check it and it will then start archiving those items.

Any policies that have it unchecked will ignore those messages

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If its in Exchange already, you can just add the message class, which you already know and add it to the site properties, then in the archiving policies under message classes, just check it and it will then start archiving those items.

Any policies that have it unchecked will ignore those messages

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
It probably will as jw2 says, use the additional message class. If you want lync archiving Symc has recommended partners who use the Symc Api http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev-902-and-lync-2010

tmurray1
Level 5

Thanks JW3 and GCox.  How about for journal archiving?  I'm guessing no because I'm not aware of a way to add a message class to the journaling policy.

Thanks!

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

JOurnal archive should archive everything unless you have custom filters.

KLash
Not applicable

I am not getting any IPM.note.microsoft.conversation messages in the Exchange 2003 journaling mailbox.

Is there anything on the Exchange side to get those to journal ?

I have the checkbox for All Other Mail Folders enabled, but they do not journal.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

well from my understanding, OCS messages are not actually sent - they are just saved into the Conversion History folder in the users mailbox.  So they will never end up in the Journal mailbox.

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Just to add by default these will be archived as the included message class in the Exchange policy is IPM.Note* (the * wilcarding any sub classes of IPM.Note)

-Karl

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We're investigating this to,

What we might do is to set up a managed folder policy (if you have that in exchange 2003, not sure anymore), to forward any item in the Conversation Histriy folder of a mailbox to a journal mailbox. Disadantage is that processing the rule needs to be done on a schedule.

There is not good way to archive Lync messages immediately. Either use Lync native archiving, or check the advised partners.

Regards. Gertjan