cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Symantec Enterprise Vault be compatible for Os X Mavericks?

arikuchar
Not applicable

Hi, would like to know when this will be compatible with Mavericks  (OS X 10.9) as I currently cannot view or restore items from the vault.

Many thanks

Ari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
It used to be that Symantec tried to certify new versions of windows, and OSX, and office around 90 days after release. But that depends on... - issues that are encountered - significance of the changes - closeness to major updates in the main enterprise vault product ( diverting some attention for testers etc ) So.. The answer is "perhaps 90 days, perhaps more, perhaps less" You will be hard pressed to get anything more concrete until the testing has been done, to be honest.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
It used to be that Symantec tried to certify new versions of windows, and OSX, and office around 90 days after release. But that depends on... - issues that are encountered - significance of the changes - closeness to major updates in the main enterprise vault product ( diverting some attention for testers etc ) So.. The answer is "perhaps 90 days, perhaps more, perhaps less" You will be hard pressed to get anything more concrete until the testing has been done, to be honest.
Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Mac OS 10.9 will be supported but we don't have an estimate date. From the Compatibility Guide, Mac OS 10.9 is not listed yet. A workaround might be to downgrade the Mac OS version to 10.8 until the new version is fully supported.

GFSI_Bishop
Level 2

We are looking to upgrade 200+ Mac Users to OS X 10.9.x from OS X 10.6.8 Any updates on Symantec Enterprise Vault Client for Outlook 2011 for Mac?

Running OS X 10.8.x is not an option.

GFSI_Bishop
Level 2

I found that while I couldn't install Symantec Enterprise Vault Client for Outlook 2011 locally, if I installed the client via Apple Remote Desktop, it would install. It seems to be working on an OS X 10.9.1 installation...

Remote Desktop Picture.png

Mayday
Level 3
Employee

I just noticed the 10.0.4 Cumulative Hotfix 2 has just been released, it mentions supprt for Mac OS X version 10.9 (Mavericks)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH211666