cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win7/ Outlook 2010 / EV-Add-in 9.0.2.106: "Store Folder in Vault" Function is needed

Auburger
Level 3

Dear Support Community,

in our company we are migrating from WinXP/Office2003  up to Win7/Office2010.
In both scenarios we are running EV-Add-In 9.0.2.1061.
The EV-Server is in Version 8.0.4.1991

In the old infrasturcture with WinXP/Outlook2003 the users had the option to archive an whole folder with subfolders when clicking at a folder in Outlook2003 Inbox and then clicking at "Store in vault" button. Then a small window appeared which asks to archive this folder and the option to archive also all subfolders.  This function is very fine and helps the users to work in a proper way.

Now I tried this operation in Win7/Outlook2010 and there appears a window with "Select an item to be archived".

Is this funcationality gone?
Is there any way to reenable or reconfigure this functionality?

Thanks and appreciate this

Benedikt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi Benedikt,

unfortunately this functionality is not currently available in the Outlook 2010 user extensions due to the complexity of reimplementing this feature to work with Outlook 2010. This is something that is going to be addressed in a future release of our client but unfortunately I cannot give you a specific date for when this might happen right now, and I cannot state whether the fixed version of the client will work with a version 8.x server or not. Apologies for the vagueness but I don't want to promise something until I know for sure

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi Benedikt,

unfortunately this functionality is not currently available in the Outlook 2010 user extensions due to the complexity of reimplementing this feature to work with Outlook 2010. This is something that is going to be addressed in a future release of our client but unfortunately I cannot give you a specific date for when this might happen right now, and I cannot state whether the fixed version of the client will work with a version 8.x server or not. Apologies for the vagueness but I don't want to promise something until I know for sure

Auburger
Level 3

Hello Nick,

thank you for this information.

During the Win7 Migration we had also planed to upgrade the EV-Server up to Version 9 or perhaps 10. So the fixed client should not be the problem.

Regards

Benedikt