cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Outlook 2013 Open Archived Email Slow

Bryan_Tang_2
Level 4

Just deploying some brand new Windows 10 PCs installed Outlook 2013 64bit with EV Outlook Add-in 12.5 to user. They all complaint that open an archived email need to wait almost 1 minute. Before the email being open, Outlook is halted. I found that this only happened in brand new machine. Others Windows 10 PCs deployed a year ago didn't have this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Marcde. Tried cached mode didn't work in our situation.

Finally, I delete the user's Windows profile and create a new one solve the problem. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bryan_Tang_2
Level 4

I found that same machine logon another mailbox didn't have problem. That means the problem is caused by individual mailbox?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you try the affected account on another machine?

Thanks Tony. I almost forgot this point. Just tried one of the affected account in other Windows 10 machine. Open archived email didn't have any delay. I think I need to try rebuild their user profile.

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

out of curiosity, are you using Outlook in online mode when it is problematic and in cached mode when there is no problem?

We've had this a while ago. Clients in online mode had exactly the behavior that you described due to the way access to downloaded items is handled. On the other hand, clients in cached mode did not show that behavior.

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

Thanks Marcde. Tried cached mode didn't work in our situation.

Finally, I delete the user's Windows profile and create a new one solve the problem. Smiley Happy