cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2012R2 FSA - No way to tell if placeholders are placeholders?

vanadasd
Level 4
Partner

I know this isn't necessarily an EVault problem, but I'm hoping that some of you have Windows 2012R2 File Servers in your environment and might have a tip for me. :)

When I look at placeholder files, I'm used to seeing that awesome X in Windows 2008R2, now when I look at a 2012 File server, they look like every other file. I can send a screenshot if necessary, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Is there anything I can do to graphically separate a placeholder file from a normal one?

Thank you!

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the change in what you see is only when you look at the files locally. your users who access the file shares over the network should still see the coveted X.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the change in what you see is only when you look at the files locally. your users who access the file shares over the network should still see the coveted X.

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Was the data migrated and possibly recalled? If you get Properties on some of the items that should be archived what is the Size on Disk? On 2012 locally I see the X if I use UNC (\\server\Group Shares) but do not see the X if I use E:\FileShares\Group Shares\ as Andrew mentioned.

vanadasd
Level 4
Partner

Ahh, Thank you.  We had recently migrated the data to that server, using the UNC path does indeed show the X.

Thanks to both of you!

Adam