cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot archive items from this location - Outlook 2010

BirtyB
Level 4

Hi all,

Using Outlook 2010 with Outlook Add-In version 10.0.4.1189.  EV server 9.0.3.

Within Outlook we have the primary Exchange account which is EV archive enabled.  Manually storing / restoring archived items is working correctly.

If we add a secondary Exchange mailbox which the logged on user has full permission to which is also EV archive enabled, we are unable to manually store / restore archived items and receive the error "You cannot archive items from this location".

I understand that if the secondary Exchange mailbox is added to Outlook using the "Open these additional mailboxes:" option we are able to manually store / restore archive items.  The problem with this is that email sent from the secondary account does not go into the sent items of the secondary mailbox so this is not acceptable.

Is there any fix available for this at all?

Thanks,

Graham

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

this statement sounds like a limitation of Outlook. "The problem with this is that email sent from the secondary account does not go into the sent items of the secondary mailbox so this is not acceptable."

maybe i'm not understanding the question?

BirtyB
Level 4

Sorry, yes I should have been clearer.  The main thing is that when someone sends an email from the secondary mailbox, that email goes into the sent item of the secondary mailbox.  This is all working fine however, in this configuration users are unable to manually archive / restore / move archived items within the secondary mailbox.  Is there a fix for this?

Obviously one fix would be to add the secondary mailbox as an additional mailbox execpt in this configuration, when someone sends an email from the additional mailbox, that email goes into the sent items folder of the primary mailbox which is the opposite of what we want.

HTH

BirtyB
Level 4

Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas?

BirtyB
Level 4

Anyone know what I'm talking about?!!