Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZAP Mailbox fails Exchange 2013

baschi
Level 4

Hey Guys,

we are searching for a solution for the following problem:

If we try to ZAP a mailbox (delete hidden message), we get the following error:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault>evpm.exe –e exchangeserver -m svc_vaultem

servicemailbox@domain.xyz -f "C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Zap.ini"

Creating privileged MAPI session ...

Parsing input file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Zap.ini

Processing input file

Processing mailbox: /o=xyz/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

/cn=Recipients/cn=xyz

Error - Whilst processing mailbox with dn: /o=xyz/ou=Exchange Administrative

Group /cn=Recipients/cn=xyz [0x8004011D]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault>pause"

Here is the Zap configuration:

Zap.ini:

"[Directory]

DirectoryComputerName = evaliascomputernamexyz (without Domain!)

SiteName = sitenamexyz

[Mailbox]

DistinguishedName = /o=xyz/ou=Exchange Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=xyz

[Folder]

Name = Mailboxroot

Zap = True

This happens only with mailboxes which are placed on our exchange 2013 versions, not with lower versions."

Regards baschi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

baschi
Level 4

Hey GertjanA,

we fixed the issue together with Veritas. We tried to connect to the Servicemailbox using the EV Service Account, which didn't function, after that we disabled the Mailbox permissions for the EV Service Account and set them again. After that we were able to connect using Outlook to the Servicemailbox of the Exchange Server. Archiving was working well all the time. And finally we used FQDN in the script now it's working with Exchange 2013 and EV 11.0.1 CHF 4

Best Regards,
Marcel

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

PRADiiP
Level 4

I believe now Client connectes to the Exchange 2013 over RPC protocal and it does not connect with MAPI.. so this could be the possibel reason I am not sure if you will have to make some changes to .ini file 

For now you can disable\re-enable the archive or delete the hidden message from Outlook

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

When you enter evpm.exe –e exchangeserver..... are you using FQDN?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

make sure to run from elevated cmd prompt and use the FQDN of your exchange mailbox server. not a CAS

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I might not have spotted the 'answer'...  What version of EV?

This could be related: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH218406

Working for cloudficient.com

baschi
Level 4

Yes we use the FQDN of the Exchange server where the mailbox is located. Rob.Wilcox thank you I think that is the issue, but when that will get fixed?

baschi
Level 4

we use version 11.0.1

thanks guys

Cdee
Level 6

please also check if you outlook client on the server from where you are running the evpm command is not in cached mode. Sometime cached mode also gives you this issue.

baschi
Level 4

There is no Outlook profile configured at the server. EVPM is still running well with other Servers which are not running on Exchange 2013

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I experience the same issue. I have tried several options, all fail with same error. I have raised a case to Veritas Support, will update here if solution is found.

Using: EV11.0.1 CHF3, Outlook 2013X86SP1, Exchange 2013 CU8. Trying to zap a Journal Mailbox, not a user. INI file is saved in UNICODE as required.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

Support did not come to the rescue. We've tried several things, including adjusting hosts file (to 'bypass' loadbalancer), use FQDN for Exchange server etc. All to no avail. The dtrace for evpm shows 'succesfully processed 0 out of 1 mailbox. The error given indicates an MAPI error. I opened the EV System mailboxes succesfully, and could send an mail from there to myself.

I am out of options. Next attempt will be to move that Journal Mailbox to another DB. Last attempt will be to get a workstationwith EV Add-In, then use a registrykey to be able to delete the hidden message, as described here: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000033047

Regards. Gertjan

baschi
Level 4

Hey GertjanA,

we fixed the issue together with Veritas. We tried to connect to the Servicemailbox using the EV Service Account, which didn't function, after that we disabled the Mailbox permissions for the EV Service Account and set them again. After that we were able to connect using Outlook to the Servicemailbox of the Exchange Server. Archiving was working well all the time. And finally we used FQDN in the script now it's working with Exchange 2013 and EV 11.0.1 CHF 4

Best Regards,
Marcel

GertjanA

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for that. You mentioned FQDN. I assume you use FQDN of an Exchange server where the systemmailbox is hosted?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan

baschi
Level 4

Hi GertjanA,

no worries. Yes exactly and the System Mailbox which is located on that Exchange Server.

Best Regards,

Marcel