cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero days shortcut deletion not working?

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have encountered an interesting issue, where I tried to define zero days in the shortcut deletion tab.
After "apply" and "ok", I go back to the same tab again and it is as if I never checked the "shortcut deletion" tick box.
Tried on both version 9 and 10, same behavior.

Any special reason for not be able put "0 days"?
Couldn't see any restrictions regarding the amount of days you can put there in documentation and forums...

It's not really an issue to solve, more like wondering if I can get Symantec's answer to that smiley

Thanks,

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Ah, ok, I see what you mean.  You should get a prompt say to enter a value from 1 to 999 or something like that.

You could post an idea in the Ideas section.  :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

That is going to be by design, what you would do is set your archive policy to not create shortcuts and then set the shortcut deletion to anything older than a day.

It wouldn't make since to create a shortcut and then immediately delete it.  :)

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I migrate archives from a different directory, and once their actual mailbox is migrating as well, they bring with them their shortcuts, even some new ones created.

Since I migrated the archived data, I do need to run on them the "zero days" option, however, it's lets you mark 0 days and after applying it's gone.

I did mark "1 day", and it's fine.

It's ok if it is by design, would expect a pop-up window mentioning "0 days" not allowed, and not bumping my head on the wall thinking "hell, I don't need bug now" cheeky

TonySterling

Ah, ok, I see what you mean.  You should get a prompt say to enter a value from 1 to 999 or something like that.

You could post an idea in the Ideas section.  :)