Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

added domain is necessery for use Enterprise Vault

ALI_2
Level 3

Hello

I ask you something,

Is a User PC should added to domain for use Enterprise Vault Icons in Outlook? if not, can be user use that?

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I don't think it's necessary, however, the user then probably has to log-in to Enterprise Vault seperately. (Authentication Pop-Up when accessing archived mails)

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Duncan_Mundell
Level 3

Hi I use EV with a non-domain workstation and user - the catch is that the local user account and password much match the same as the Exchange user and password or things start to go wrong. As the previous poster mentioned at the least you will get authentication popups when using EV, but I have also noticed that when manually archiving e-mail I get to the dialogue where you choose the vault and I see the "no accessible vaults".

Emmett_Brown
Level 3

If not using a domain account be sure the HTTP-only client is in use.  This should alow you to manually archive/restore ok.  There is a policy that controls whether or not to use HTTP-only functionality...

The full (dcom) client does not function well with non-domain accounts.

To see what version is in use just check Help --> About Enterprise Vault from within Outlook.  It will say dcom or http