cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

added new Email DB's archiving failing No real good Event ID's

-S-
Level 3

Howdy folks, Background info.... First time posting If I forget anything please forgive me.

Enterprise Vault Version 10.0.4.1189

EV Server 2008R2  SP1

EV Virtual machine connected to EMC VNX storage 8GB RAM QTY 8 - 2.0GHz Xeon Procs

Echange 2010 in a DAG enviroment Exchange version 14.02.0247.005 

I have recently went from 3 Exchange DB's to 6 Exchange DB's

three of the new DB's are on a new Hard disk.

We had some challenges with Permissions for normal EMail usage inheriting correctly and the permissions not Automatically set were modified.

My VSA has SEND AS/RECIEVE AS as permissions  in ADSI Edit at the DB level 

The actual DB's (EDB files) do not have these permissions, but the individual Mail boxes all have correct permissions in Exchange.

THe Archiving Task is currently failed. When I restart the task it will run for about 3 min, I get no Event log errors in the SYMANTEC EV log.

In teh EV Event Log I do get the events at the bottom but not specifially when restarting the Archiving task

In the WINDOWS Application log I get Event ID's 1000 and 1001 copied below

Although I have been the admin of EV for a good bit of time I am not real good with DTRACE and if I need to do one, please point me in a direction that will give me proper command switches and syntax. 

In all the timeI've been doing this I've always found the answer because someone has been here before this time I have not found anything soid that has resolved the issue yet.

All other serivces, retriving items from the vault, Journal, etc are functionaing as expected.

EVENT LOGS (windows application)

#1 Event ID 1001

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ArchiveTask.EXE
P2: 10.0.4.1189
P3: 51dd971a
P4: StackHash_8bec
P5: 6.1.7601.17725
P6: 4ec49b8f
P7: c0000374
P8: 000ce6c3
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_ArchiveTask.EXE_fc9bece17ab244d28ca1902cac9d8255d6635a2d_16dde457

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 2a05f110-b046-11e3-9fcf-0050568d0009

#2 Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: ArchiveTask.EXE, version: 10.0.4.1189, time stamp: 0x51dd971a
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0x1a28
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf4452f82171fc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\ArchiveTask.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 40d074a2-b046-11e3-9fcf-0050568d0009

EV Event logs items, about 2 hours previous to restarting the Archiving task, and the y do not duplicate when restating the task.

#1 Event ID 29014

Storage DCOM error. 
Reason: Access is denied.  (0x80070005) 
Reference: [Get storage object] 

THank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-S-
Level 3

This issue has been resolved.

I came across an urgent need to have this running and I was asked do call Support.

The tech  very quickly identiied that the archiving task was corrupted and he deleted it and recreated it and so far all is 100%.

Thank you all for your help. -S

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you tried using the permissions Powershell script that ships with EV?

Working for cloudficient.com

-S-
Level 3

No I have not, I'm going to bet that is in the install files?

I will take a look and see what I can find.

When we do upgrades and installs we use thrid party folks so I have never actully done an install/Upgrade myself.

I'll see what I can find in my install files and read up in the admin guide.

THank you.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It lives on the EV server in the Program Files folder, I think.  "PowerShellScripts" folder...

Working for cloudficient.com

-S-
Level 3

Thank you, I have found the script, read up on how to run it and it is complete.

It did show errors saying that the perms were already set but did not show any "succses" just failures  The documentation says the Mail store services need to be restarted so I'll see when that can be done (after hours) and I'll give it another try and report back.

Thank you!

Nathan_Clark_2
Level 4
Employee

this looks like an issue fixed in 10.0.4.chf1 

-S-
Level 3

Nathan,

I will take a look at that after we are able to restart the needed services this weekend in I haveno luck, thank you!

-S-

-S-
Level 3

All,

No go on running teh Mailbox permission script, I had to wait until this past weekend to reboot.

I'll look at that patch and see what it says, I have not had the time to do so yet. 

This was a functioing enviroment until I added several (3) Exchange DB's

Thanks! -S-

-S-
Level 3

This issue has been resolved.

I came across an urgent need to have this running and I was asked do call Support.

The tech  very quickly identiied that the archiving task was corrupted and he deleted it and recreated it and so far all is 100%.

Thank you all for your help. -S