cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after perform enterprise vault restore, the restored mail could not archive from the schedule

Charles_C
Level 4

hi,

I have a question about whether the mails still be able to archive from the schedule when the mails were restored from enterprise vault store?

for example,

I restored some of the mails which were previously archived by ev.

Will the schedule task archive the mails again if it met the 'archive rule' from the 'domino mailbox policy'?

let say the mails supposingly archive by ev because the archive rule which archives mails have the age older than 5 days,

I restore the archived mails 10 days later, and i have a daily schedule for archiving mail at every night,

will it archive those mails again? because the age of the mails are 10 days, suppose it met the archive rule, right?

anyway to prevent/allow the schedule to archive those mails?

thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

If restore date on item is greater than the threshold limit that you age based criteria then domino archiving task will archive that item.

In your scenario where age based policy is 5 days old email.

and if you restored archived email 10 days later I guess here you are saying 10 later after you have archived emails. Assume you have restored emails Today then those will be eligible for archiving on date Today + 5 when your archiving task will scheduled

Hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I believe you can use IgnoreEVDates like you would for exchange archiving
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Charles_C
Level 4

sorry, where can i find  'ignoreEVDates' ?

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Registry IgnoreEVDates is not used for Domino Archiving

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

If restore date on item is greater than the threshold limit that you age based criteria then domino archiving task will archive that item.

In your scenario where age based policy is 5 days old email.

and if you restored archived email 10 days later I guess here you are saying 10 later after you have archived emails. Assume you have restored emails Today then those will be eligible for archiving on date Today + 5 when your archiving task will scheduled

Hope this helps you.

Charles_C
Level 4

ok, let me wait more several days to see whether it works. thx