Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archive explorer pop up request for exchange server name in AE

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Any way to cancel the pop up user gets when he is trying to restore an archived item to his outlook from Archive explorer?

The situation is that users don't really know the exchange server name, so they are bugging the IT with calls all the time.

Can this be set from EV to not pop up and restore automatically?

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It can't be set from EV automatically, however when you have it open via Outlook and not going to the URL directly, the client is meant to pass along the users smtp address and exchange mailbox.

So are they opening via a URL or clicking the search/archive explorer buttons from within Outlook?
Also what version of EV?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It can't be set from EV automatically, however when you have it open via Outlook and not going to the URL directly, the client is meant to pass along the users smtp address and exchange mailbox.

So are they opening via a URL or clicking the search/archive explorer buttons from within Outlook?
Also what version of EV?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

It's version 10, so I cannot open archive ecplorer within outlook. (else I'm wrong, and I would like to know how can I open AE through outlook)

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

did you just upgrade this ev to 10?

In webappini in ..\enterprise vault\  folder add line:

ViewMessage_Format=MSG

(create file if necessary)

Opening via outlook is in the desktop-policy, tab advanced, dropdown Outlook, Launch Archive Explorer (set to In Outlook.

If users are prompted, are the entering the URL themselves into I.E.? it generally is sufficient to enter just the domain, and their last name.

Regards. Gertjan

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I see that Launch AE is already set to "In Outlook", I will have to connect to a client there to check the behavior.

Will test and update.

Sarah