cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archive not accessable

rob_knegt1
Level 4

Please help,

Recently my Exchange colleagues changed the value of the MSExchHomeServerName attribute. This different from the servername the mailboxes were on.

After the change people started reporting that they can not use there archive, and message are no longer archived for them.

I have tried a lot of things like, move mailbox, move archive, delete and creat new archive, but nothing seems to work.

I am running out of options.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey mate,

I would recommend getting a support case open since you can't undo the change in Exchange.  Let support look at this with you and they may be able to offer some workarounds.

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What do you mean by "changed the value of the MSExchHomeServerName attribute" ?
What exactly have they done?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

GertjanA

Change the name back? :)

Try to disable user/enable user/sync mailbox.

Then try the key SyncInMigrationMode. check the forum/registry values guide.

Set the key. run provisioning, sync mailboxes. Try again. Kick the exchange team

Regards. Gertjan

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

If the MSExchHomeServerName attribute has been changed then it is an exchange issue, your exchange colleagues need to fix that first. If EV can't connect to the exchange servers then that's due to exchange environment changes then it's not an EV issue I don't think.

I suspect this will cause lot of issues for EV, for example, the MSMQ queue IDs will need to change as the task entry id would need to change etc.

I would get your exchange team to change the MSExchHomeServerName attribute  back to what it was before and then setup a test environment to test thing first before changing it in production.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

From I can see with the changes from another forum:

msExchHomeServerName - Exchange needs to know the name of our Exchange server so that it can deliver the email, here is an example:

/o=CPNou/ou=First Administrative Group/ cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=OurServer

The two components of msExchHomeServerName that you definitely need to change are, the first (o=CPNou) and last (/cn=OurServer).

/o=CPNou.  Change this to the precise name of your exchange organization, you do not need the (Exchange) suffix.  Action --> Check your Exchange System Manager, and or, ADSI Edit.

/cn=OurServer.  What is the name of your Mailbox server?  Check with the Exchange System Manager.

/ou=First Administrative Group.  This is likely to be exactly the same in your situation, but do double check.

/cn=Configuration/cn=Server.  Almost certainly, this section will be the same on your test user.

Note: The msExchHomeServerName attribute does not require the mailbox name, that is covered in the homeMDB attribute.  I cannot emphasise enough, that for successful scripting, or more likely, successful troubleshooting you must take the time to understand what each section of the attribute is doing.

It seems like your exchange team has changed your exchange server mailbox names and therefore EV cannot access/process those servers anymore.

Are your exchange mailbox archiving tasks have any errors starting up etc.? Changing the above is a major/critical change, did they approval from management? Was the change above ever been tested? 

rob_knegt1
Level 4

@MichelZ, The MSExchHomeServerName was different form the server the mailbox is on. They had to change it because it was causing a lot of issues.

@GertjanA, disable/enable/sync are all without result. but i'll check the SyncinMigrationMode. Have to find out how first dough :)

@CTEV, I'll look into both your updates aswell with my exchange colleagues.

tnx everybody, i"ll let you know if it pays off

GertjanA

Kick the exchange team

Regards. Gertjan

rob_knegt1
Level 4

@gertjanA, the SynchInMogrationMode key value is 1. Do i have to set it to another value?

TonySterling

Hey mate,

I would recommend getting a support case open since you can't undo the change in Exchange.  Let support look at this with you and they may be able to offer some workarounds.

Regards,

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Doesn't Exchange take care of this value when you create/move/whatever you do with the Mailbox? That sounds odd...

I think a support case would be in order here, as Tony suggests.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.