cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archive-pending items remain in mailboxes

Toshkm13
Level 3

I have inherited an EV environment which had not been administered for over a year. And I currently have wait for it!! 7605489 items which have not yet been backed up for Users Mailboxes

I have a number of closed and an open partition which holds all these savesets. I have checked the Watch file table in SQL and 95% of these items are listed in the table.

I use powershell to put EV8.0 into backup mode and use the ignoretriggerfile.txt to secure the partition after backup has ran.

I have checked the Netbackup jobs and they have ran successfully but for some reason the watchfile  table doesn’t clear and the savesets don’t come down when I re-run al checks in the VAC

I have a number of users who have items marked as pending in their mailbox’s and I really need to clear this down as soon as possible.

I have checked the backup tab on all partitions and scanning is working ok as I can see items have been secured  in last scan.

Any one got any ideas? I am just about to run a dtrace on Items remain archive pending and see what that comes back with..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Patti_Rodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Dtrace is the next logical step--- although I'd check to be sure that the partition is actually configured to use the trigger file to indicate backup status, and isn't looking for the archive bit!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patti_Rodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Dtrace is the next logical step--- although I'd check to be sure that the partition is actually configured to use the trigger file to indicate backup status, and isn't looking for the archive bit!

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

You mentioned that the items were being marked as secured during the last scan. Have you seen any changes in the WatchFile table after that? Check the fragmentation levels in the databases since it might be affecting the performance. In addition, take a look at the A1 queue (MSMQ) to verify if the pending items are being processed.

I hope this helps.