cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archving task fails on new Exchange 2010 Mailbox server

Aaron_Norton
Level 4

I added a second Exchange 2010 Mailbox server role only to my Exchange 2010 environment and created a system mailbox called mail2ev. I went to the evauly server to add the exchange server and everything went fine. I was able to add the server, I can see all the mailboxes. However the archiving task that was created will not start and keeps failing to start with event id 3305.

I ran the throttling script on the mail2ev account but still nothing. Am I missing a permissions issue somewhere?

There is no DAG.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aaron_Norton
Level 4

I rebooted the EV server and all the services started fine and are running. although I ran into another issue maybe.

After rebooting I ran the provisioning service and all the mailboxes I moved to the new Mailbox server now appear as New instead of Disabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

any chance getting a dtrace of the archive task?
It could be permissions, but it could also be an issue with the Global Catalog or possibly with the throttling.

Check the Event Viewer on the CAS Server to see if there are any errors or warnings saying that the Exchange is going to forcefully disconnect the EVAdmin user.

As for the permissions, you can run the deployment scanner, see if it gives any errors there either, also go on to the EV Server, logged on as the EVAdmin account and make sure you can log in to mailboxes without it prompting for a username and password

If it *does* prompt you for a username and password then this would be a big indicator showing that the permissions have not been set correctly. Or possibly that the exchange server is not inheriting its permissions from the exchange organization and that you need to run the permissions script once more in order for it to work correctly.

Typically though if the throttling and the permissions scripts have been succesfully applied , then it tends to be a GC issues, that either the Closest GC or DS Server key sorts out, or even the ExchGCOverride column in the ExchangeServer entry table to specify a GC of your choice.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Aaron_Norton
Level 4

I rebooted the EV server and all the services started fine and are running. although I ran into another issue maybe.

After rebooting I ran the provisioning service and all the mailboxes I moved to the new Mailbox server now appear as New instead of Disabled.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Good job :)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146