cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archving task in Report mode generates no reports

nameless_girl
Level 3

I am trying to run my EVault Archiving task in Report mode, but there is nothing being generated in my "c:\program files\enterprise vault\reports\exchange mailbox archiving" directory.  I started the report job nearly an hour ago, and ran it against only one mailbox.  I've tried two different mailboxes... I would hope it would have been done by now, but there is nothing there where the reports are supposed to be.
7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How many EV Servers do you have?  Is it possible that the report would be on a second EV Server?

Also, what version are you?  if EV 8 were you upgraded from an earlier version?  Do you have a x:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports folder?

nameless_girl
Level 3

we have two servers, but only one is running EV (the other is running DA).  This is a fresh isntall of 8.0 including sp3.  I do have that folder, with the appropriate sub-folders (Exchange Journal, Exchange Mailbox Archving, Exchange provisioning).  I have lots of reports in the Provisioning folder, but still nothing in the ARchiving folder - other than when I enabled my own mailbox for archiving a couple of days ago, there is a report for that.

TonySterling
Hmm..did you try running a report against your mailbox?  are the other mailboxes provisioned?

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4

Hi nameless_girl,

Have you checked if the EV server is in backup mode? When you run archiving task in report mode, do you see the a3 queue being populated in MSMQ queues?

GertjanA
Hello girl, ( ;)  )

Are your mailboxes enabled?
You wrote: other than when I enabled my own mailbox for archiving a couple of days ago, there is a report for that.

If you run a report run on your own mailbox, do you get a report?
If you do, try enabling a mailbox manually, then run a report for that one.

In the archives container, do you have archives listed?
If yes, if you run a report on that do you get info?
Anything in the eventlogs?

Regards. Gertjan

Rahul_Sharma1
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Hello Nameless_girl,

Two things to check:

1. Your Services must not be in read-only mode.

2. Right click the Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task and click properties. Go to to Logon Tab and make sure that it is set to logon as Vault Service Account. If not, select it to run under the VSA.

Re-run the task and let me know the results.

scumnvillainy
Level 3
We seem to have better luck running the report for all items on every mailbox. Takes longer but seems to work more consistently. But sometimes that never shows a report either. I have had luck getting these reports to show up by restarting the responsible Exchange archiving task. If that doesnt work we have seen stopping and starting the storage and task controller services as well.