cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attachment icon (paper clip) disappears once message is opened

Lmlarson
Level 4

We're having what appears to be random issues with the paper clip icon disappearing from an archived message.  Once you go to message and highlight it, the icon disappears.  Opening the message, the attachment is there and can be opened.  However the paper clip icon is gone. 

We've uninstalled and reinstalled the add-in.  This did not resolve it.  I've provisioned and synchronized the mailbx.  This did not resolve it. I've ran the archivng task, this did not resolve it. 

Any ideas?

Thanks Much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What version of Outlook? what version of EV? what version of the ev client? what operating system?
Do you use Vault Cache/Offline Vault?
Is the attachment embedded (such as a gif in a signature)?

I seem to remember this issue a long long time ago, but can't remember for the life of me what the issue was, but the attachment icon comes from a specific MAPI property so it could be something like an onscan anti virus  changing the property

Does this happen for everyone? or just this user?
Does it follow the user, so if they log on to another machine, does the same thing happen there?
If you or someone else logs on to their machine, do you have the same behavior also?
What about Outlook Web Access, after the paperclip disappears, does it also reflect in OWA as well?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What version of Outlook? what version of EV? what version of the ev client? what operating system?
Do you use Vault Cache/Offline Vault?
Is the attachment embedded (such as a gif in a signature)?

I seem to remember this issue a long long time ago, but can't remember for the life of me what the issue was, but the attachment icon comes from a specific MAPI property so it could be something like an onscan anti virus  changing the property

Does this happen for everyone? or just this user?
Does it follow the user, so if they log on to another machine, does the same thing happen there?
If you or someone else logs on to their machine, do you have the same behavior also?
What about Outlook Web Access, after the paperclip disappears, does it also reflect in OWA as well?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is anything else needed for this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com