cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically add additional vaults to Vault Cache

Tmast
Level 3

Hi,

We have a setup where i'd like to ensure that any additional vaults the user the users have access to is also included in the Vault Cache (e.g the Outlook menu option Functions -> Enterprise Vault -> Vault Cache Properties, and then the Tab Vaults, where you can select to add any additional vaults you have access to is included in the vault cache.

I've been looking at the policies but not had any luck finding the setting, also google / search forum came up empty.

-steffen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

In the Desktop Policy> Advanced tab look for Vault Cache and check the following setting:

Synchronize archive types

Description

Controls what is synchronized by vault cache.

Supported values

Default mailbox. Synchronize the primary mailbox only.

All mailbox archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate mailbox archives to which the user has access.

All mailbox and shared archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate or shared mailbox archives to which the user has access.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Hi,

In the Desktop Policy> Advanced tab look for Vault Cache and check the following setting:

Synchronize archive types

Description

Controls what is synchronized by vault cache.

Supported values

Default mailbox. Synchronize the primary mailbox only.

All mailbox archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate mailbox archives to which the user has access.

All mailbox and shared archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate or shared mailbox archives to which the user has access.

Tmast
Level 3

Hi Tony

Thanks for the update, however, that specific policy is already in place, hence i believed some other setting should also be applied.

The policy was set back when i installed EV8, so there are no sync issues.

On a side-note, i've left the offline vault cache size to the default of 20% of intial free space, are there any better (real-life) settings that may be more prudent ? (20% is usually a rather heavy number considering the size of the disks on the machines today, and i'm slightly nervous about performance, both in regards to the EV client able to quickly located any item within the offline vault, but also fragmentation of the file etc (we have no client defrag schedule in place)).

Thanks

Steffen

TonySterling

I believe there is an also a setting on the Vault Cache tab to show Advance Options.  I am not in front of the Vault Admin console right now so I cant verify.

As for the number, I typically accept the defaults without worrying too much about it but if you are uncomfortable with set appropriately to your environment.  :)