cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a rule with EV

dahlia
Level 3

Hi Everyone,

how can i create a rute, that moves all the new mail to the vault??

for example: if an Employee in absence and i dont want to get his Mail overflowed, how can i set the rule for that??

thanks in advance

dahlia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Server side you can't do this.  Options include moving them to a more agressive archiving policy.

Client side you can have a rule that moves all new mail to Virtual Vault, but it's a client side only rule, so will only run when Outlook is open. This is because you've moving mail out of Exchange, out of the primary message store, to a secondary message store (ie virtual vault)

2013-04-23_09h31_01.png

In the end though, provided you have proper archiving policies, an employee going on vacation, even an extended one, shouldn't result in any issues.  If it is/does, then it's better to review your archiving policies.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Server side you can't do this.  Options include moving them to a more agressive archiving policy.

Client side you can have a rule that moves all new mail to Virtual Vault, but it's a client side only rule, so will only run when Outlook is open. This is because you've moving mail out of Exchange, out of the primary message store, to a secondary message store (ie virtual vault)

2013-04-23_09h31_01.png

In the end though, provided you have proper archiving policies, an employee going on vacation, even an extended one, shouldn't result in any issues.  If it is/does, then it's better to review your archiving policies.

dahlia
Level 3

good to know, thank you

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help.