cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customize the enable mailbox welcome message to suit different languages requirement

patriot3w
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Can we customize the enable mailbox welcome message to suit different languages requirement?

For example:

1.       The user at China will receive Chinese version of the welcome message.

2.       The user at US will receive English version.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

My suggestion would be as follows

1. Create a welcome message in each language you need, call it welcomeMessage_en.msg, welcomeMessage_cn.msg, welcomeMessage_fr.msg etc
2. Create seperate provisioning groups for each type of language, such as "Managers - China" "Managers - US" etc so that it provisions based on the geographic locations (maybe using LDAP queries etc)
3. Then edit the SQL tables and change the MSG names so the provisioning group that is for the US opens welcomeMessage_en.msg and the Chinese open welcomeMessage_cn.msg etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you considered just modifying the message to contain both languages. So the same message will have a Chinese section and an English section.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

How many EV servers have you got?

EV server picks up the EnableMailboxMessage.msg from e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\ and you can only one of these files here so you can only have a language at a time.

You can have one EV server that targets all the US users on a US Exchange server so when you enable them they will pick up the US language and one EV server for the Chinese users for the same reason.

My guess is that you can add the appropriate msg message when you do the users for each region, but it will have to be manual enabling.

Or use Jim's suggestion as well.

Hope that helps.

JesusWept3
Level 6

My suggestion would be as follows

1. Create a welcome message in each language you need, call it welcomeMessage_en.msg, welcomeMessage_cn.msg, welcomeMessage_fr.msg etc
2. Create seperate provisioning groups for each type of language, such as "Managers - China" "Managers - US" etc so that it provisions based on the geographic locations (maybe using LDAP queries etc)
3. Then edit the SQL tables and change the MSG names so the provisioning group that is for the US opens welcomeMessage_en.msg and the Chinese open welcomeMessage_cn.msg etc

FreKac2
Level 6

If you're happy with Jim's solution then that is the easiest way.

Otherwise you could follow JW2's suggestion.

It's a bit messy since you need to edit a table in the DB directly and if you're doing lots of languages or change name of the files afterwards you'll need to edit the table again.

But it works, tried it in a lab just a week ago when I saw the entries in the DB :)

JesusWept3
Level 6
It's not messy! It's the right way dangit!! :)

patriot3w
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi, we have 3 EV servers in a same EV directory. I think only way is to use JW2's solution.

Thank you all the advises.