cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between received/sent date, modified date in outlook and archived date and modified date for storage expiry

neo_hunk2kk
Level 3

Hello,

I am need to understand the difference the between above terms. The question arise because we have storage expiry enabled and it is based on modified date.

we also have Evault managed  retention folders. Now when we archive an item ev will check received/sent date and archive morever if modified date  is present  [not the one restoredate] in outlook and will archive.

Now we have retention category applied on INBOX to archive items of 30 days old and it will expire in next 90 days by storage expiry...additionally we have two more folders created by ev , 2 yrs and 4 yrs.. [for retention], so the question is if I have a mailbox which has emails 90 days old in inbox, once I enabled the mailbox for archiving, will items will expire once it has archived and 90 days has passed or it will expire the next the day I enabled the mailbox???? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If your expiry is set to use Modified Date (sent/received date) and you had a retention of one year, anything older that April 21st 2014 would be deleted regardless of when it was archived If your expiry was set to use Archived Date, and you had a retention of one year, any items archived today wouldn't be eligible to delete until April 21st, 2016 The term modified date is only for fsa items
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If your expiry is set to use Modified Date (sent/received date) and you had a retention of one year, anything older that April 21st 2014 would be deleted regardless of when it was archived If your expiry was set to use Archived Date, and you had a retention of one year, any items archived today wouldn't be eligible to delete until April 21st, 2016 The term modified date is only for fsa items
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146