cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate shortcuts after a PST migration

total_noob
Level 4
Partner
We have exported all the archives into PST files from the old EV 8 installation. The old EV installation was installed on  virtual machine and did not perform very well. 

So 1 year later we decided to install a new EV 8 sp4 server on a physical server and migrate all the exported PST files into the archives here. The former EV server and the new EV server are almost identical when it comes to configuration, properties, policies etc. 

we migrated 5 PST files using PST migration but now we have duplicate shortcuts in on the outlook clients. The old shortcuts in outlook is referencing the old EV server so they obviously dont work anymore.

The new shortcuts are ok, but we are having a hard time figuring out how to delete the old shortcuts referencing the old EV server from the users we migrated the PST files for.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
why didn't you just set up physcial box and DR to to that.  Would have been easier I'd have thought...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4
Ho Otern,

One option would be before importing PST into the new archive to delete all EV shortcuts in the user's mailbox then do the export and create shortcuts. For the five user's you could rename the archives OlD XXXUser, disbale the user from archive, zap the mailbox, delete all shortcuts in the mailbox, run the provisioning task in normal mode, archive enable the user ( New archive should be created), import the PST into the new archive creating the shortcuts in the user's mailbox.

Please refer to the following tech article on how to zap the mailbox: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273154.htm

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
why didn't you just set up physcial box and DR to to that.  Would have been easier I'd have thought...

Deepak_Kumar
Level 4
Partner
Hi Mice,

Sorry for intrupting in this mail chain.

Can you please provide me any doc or link for installation & configuration of EV for DR.

Thanks in advance.

Deepak

Ameen
Level 6
Hi Deepak,

You can refer the below article,

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293911.htm

Ameen.