cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entreprise vault 10.0.4.1333 and exchange 2013 sp1 error [0x8004011D]

CAWASAKI
Level 3

hello,

i have a problem with EV 10.0.4.1333 with exchange 2013 sp1.

i use EVPM to applicate ev policy, it create a folder named Archive on every mailbox, and user transfer email on this folder to archive them.

for Exchange 207 user no problem, but with exchange 2013 i have this error:

Creating privileged MAPI session ...

Parsing input file: C:\Enterprise Vault\eXCHANGE2013.ini
Processing input file

Processing mailbox: /o=TEST/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test.migration1
Error - Whilst processing mailbox with dn: /o=TEST/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test.mi
gration1 [0x8004011D]

any help plz?

i have test to create manually the archive folder on one exchange 2013 mailbox and when i move email on the folder Enterprise vault archiving task work fine, so i think the problem is the creation of the folder???

here my ini file:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName= EVserver
SiteName = EVSITE

[Filter]
name = filter1
CreateShortcut = true
DeleteOriginal = true
unreadMAIL = true
UseInactivityPeriod = true
InactivityUnits = days
InactivityPeriod = 0

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = All
LDAPquery = (memberof= CN=testEV2014,OU=OU1,OU=Groupes,DC=DOMAIN,DC=com)
[Folder]
Name = MailboxRoot
Enabled = True
FilterName = DoNotArchive
OverrideArchiveLocks = True

[Folder]
Name = \Archives
FilterName = filter1
OverrideArchiveLocks = True

Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You said:

so if i am correct i need:

1- create system mailbox on exchange 2007 and use it on exchange 2007 archiving task (actually i use ev admin account as system mailbox)

2-move EV admin account on exchange 2013

Yes on both counts. Follow this TN to create a new system mailbox.   

Creating the Enterprise Vault system mailbox

Article:HOWTO49499  |  Created: 2011-04-08  |  Updated: 2012-06-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO49499

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TonySterling

Have you assigned the permission to the VSA for Exchange 2013?

Assigning Exchange Server permissions to the Vault Service account

Article:HOWTO57516  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57516

Also, don't forget the Throttling Policy:

How to create the Enterprise Vault Service Account's throttling policy manually in Exchange 2013

Article:TECH216009  |  Created: 2014-03-24  |  Updated: 2014-03-24  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH216009

CAWASAKI
Level 3

hi,

yes already done this 2 script.

on exchange mailbox archiving task for exchange 2013, i use a maibox on exchange 2013.

but the vault service account is still on exchange 2007, are this is a problem? i need to move first this account to exchange 2013?

if yes, and if i move the vault service to exchange 2013, are my mailbox on exchange 20017 will continue to work correctly(archiving task ...)??

thank you

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Exchange 2003 and 2007 didn't even require EV to have a mailbox.
But with Exchange 2010 and 2013, the EV Admin Account must have a mailbox and it must reside on an E2010/2013 server in order for the Powershell scripts to be applied correctly.

Moving the mailbox will not cause 2007 to stop archiving at all.
As long as the permissions aren't changed, and that you have a System Mailbox on those exchange servers you're targeting, you'll be fine.

A lot of times when people do migrations and moves, they end up moving the EV System Mailbox (Not the EV Admin Mailbox) from one server to another.

So you may have an Archiving Task for ExchServerA using EV-ExchServerA-SysMailbox , but that mailbox gets moved to ExchServerB, so when the task logs on to that mailbox and tries to start archiving users, it fails because its not on that Exchange Server anymore.

Also not sure what exact version numbers are, but are you using EV10 SP4 CHF2 that gives Exchang 2013 mixed mode compatibility??
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH211666

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

CAWASAKI
Level 3

HI Jesus,

thank you for your help.

i am on the last version for entreprise vault and it support exchange 2013. 10.0.4.1333.

to resume and if i am correct:

the ev admin account is named "EVADMIN"

this same account have a mailbox on Exchange 2007 and this account used as a system mailbox on the Exchange archive task for Exchange 2007.

For my Exchange 2013 archiving task, i have define an Exchange 2013 as a system mailbox named "Exchange2013EVtask"

for EVPM i use the ini file i have posted on my first post and i execute it from a .bat file like this:

@echo off
REM -e - The Exchange Server computer name
REM -m - The service mailbox alias
REM -f - The initialization file location and name

"D:\Enterprise Vault\evpm.exe" -e exchange2013servername -m EVADMIN -f "D:\Enterprise Vault\ArchivageMail2013v2.ini"

Remember that with the -m option i use the evadmin account (with mailbox on exchange 2013).

error:

Parsing input file: C:\Enterprise Vault\eXCHANGE2013.ini
Processing input file

Processing mailbox: /o=TEST/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test.migration1
Error - Whilst processing mailbox with dn: /o=TEST/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test.mi
gration1 [0x8004011D]

if i use the system account mailbox on Exchange 2013 with the -m option i have this error: (i think its normal because the throttling policy is applied only on EV ADMIN ACCOUNT)

Error (0x8004010f) creating privileged MAPI session against Exchange Server exchange2013servername

1- create system mailbox on exchange 2007 and use it on exchange 2007 archiving task (actually i use ev admin account as system mailbox)

thats correct? and my archiving task will work for exchange 2007 user and Exchange 2013 USER?

if all this is correct, plz explain what are the prerequisite to create exchange 2007 system mailbox (permission...)

thank you

TonySterling

You said:

Yes on both counts. Follow this TN to create a new system mailbox.   

Creating the Enterprise Vault system mailbox

Article:HOWTO49499  |  Created: 2011-04-08  |  Updated: 2012-06-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO49499

CAWASAKI
Level 3

Ok .

and for evpm i can use the evadmin account for both exchange 2007 and exchange 2013 like this: ?

"D:\Enterprise Vault\evpm.exe" -e exchange2013servername -m EVADMIN -f "D:\Enterprise Vault\ArchivageMail2013v2.ini"

"D:\Enterprise Vault\evpm.exe" -e exchange2007servername -m EVADMIN -f "D:\Enterprise Vault\ArchivageMail2007v2.ini"

thank you

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

^^ The above should work, yes.

Working for cloudficient.com

Titoine
Level 3

Hi,

This morning with Cawasaki we tried again ... but the result was the same.
We have generated the following Dtrace :

{CMailboxHelper::CreateProfileAndSessionEx:#993} Attempting MAPI Logon again, using the populated MAPI profile...
{CMailboxHelper::CreateProfileAndSessionEx:#1002} MAPI Profile [VaultMbxAgent-s00sce013-12748-1399454058-0-939-0] successfully created.
{CMailboxHelper::CreateProfileAndSessionEx} (Exit) Status: [Success]
{CEVMAPILieModeLock::ReleaseExclusiveLock:#66} Trying to release lock
{CEVMAPILieModeLock::ReleaseExclusiveLock:#70} Released lock.
{CMailboxHelper::OpenMailbox:#249} Opening primary mailbox associated with MAPI session. Getting list of message stores.
{CMailboxHelper::OpenMailbox:#257} Reading message store table.
{CMailboxHelper::OpenMailbox:#293} Opening message store...
{CEVMAPILieModeLock::AcquireNonExclusiveLock:#77} Trying to acquire lock.
{CReadWriteLock::SetReadLock:#263} [CEVMAPILieModeLock] WaitForSingleObject on write mutex [0xF8] returned [0x0]
{CReadWriteLock::SetReadLock:#293} [CEVMAPILieModeLock] WaitForMultipleObjects on thread mutex [0x104], semaphore [0xFC] returned [0x0]
{CReadWriteLock::SetReadLock:#306} [CEVMAPILieModeLock] we are now reading so no writes allowed
{CEVMAPILieModeLock::AcquireNonExclusiveLock:#82} Acquired lock.
{CEVMAPILieModeLock::ReleaseNonExclusiveLock:#95} Trying to release lock
{CReadWriteLock::ResetReadLock:#190} [CEVMAPILieModeLock] WaitForSingleObject on [0x104] returned [0x0]
{CReadWriteLock::ResetReadLock:#220} [CEVMAPILieModeLock] Released Semaphore, previous count was [999]
{CReadWriteLock::ResetReadLock:#225} [CEVMAPILieModeLock] we were the last reader so we are now write ready
{CEVMAPILieModeLock::ReleaseNonExclusiveLock:#99} Released lock.
{HrMAPIOpenMsgStoreKvs:#50} Opened msg store [0x0]
{CMailboxHelper::OpenMailbox:#300} Opened message store.
{CExchangeVersion::IsExchange2013orAbove:#202} Exchange 2013 or greater: [True]
{CMAPISession::CreateMapiSession:#339} Using the 'Exchange Server DN' from the connection point settings []
{CMAPISession::CreateMapiSession:#343} Getting the 'Exchange Server DN' from the privileged mbx
{CMAPISession::GetExchangeServerDnFromSession} (Entry)
{CMAPISession::GetExchangeServerDnFromSession:#490} QueryIdentity
{CMAPISession::GetExchangeServerDnFromSession:#493} Open Session Prop
{CMAPISession::GetExchangeServerDnFromSession:#496} Calling get Props (PR_EMS_AB_HOME_MTA_W)
{CMAPISession::GetExchangeServerDnFromSession} (Exit) Status: [<0x8004010f>]
{CMAPISession::CreateMapiSession} (Exit) Status: [<0x8004010f>]

{CMAPISession::ClearProfileCache} (Entry)
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession} (Entry)
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession:#94} Releasing managed store (IExchangeManageStore): [False]
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession:#100} Releasing message store (IMsgStore): [True]
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession} (Exit)
{CMailboxHelper::DeleteProfile:#1219} [VaultMbxAgent-s00sce013-12748-1399454058-0-939-0]: [0x0]
{CMAPISession::ClearProfileCache} (Exit)
{CMAPISession::GetMapiSessionFromPoolEx} (Exit) Status: [<0x8004010f>]
~EVPM - Successfully processed 0 out of 0 mailboxes
{CMAPISession::ClearProfileCache} (Entry)
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession} (Entry)
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession:#94} Releasing managed store (IExchangeManageStore): [False]
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession:#100} Releasing message store (IMsgStore): [False]
{CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession} (Exit)
{CMAPISession::ClearProfileCache} (Exit)
ProcessExchangeTasks: Exit
DirectoryVault: Termination: DLL_PROCESS_DETACH received by the DirectoryVault DLL. |
{wmain:#197} Exit

Any idea ???

Thanks,

Antoine

Merv
Level 6
Partner

0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.

land the object has possibly something to do with the Homemta attribute of the system mbx...which should have the exchange server DN

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/event-3139-errors-occur-enabling-mailboxes-error-0x80040115

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=B2EEF70C190BADD42319E4E43863EC3D?externalId=KB24421&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl

home mta 

Titoine
Level 3

Well done Merv, the HomeMTA attribute is no longer used in Exchange 2013 ;)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/6d876aa8-77e4-4a87-8155-821402f0a14d/exchange-2013-homemta-attribute-missing?forum=exchangesvrgeneral

Regards,

Antoine

Merv
Level 6
Partner

It was right there in your dtrace 

{CMAPISession::GetExchangeServerDnFromSession:#496} Calling get Props (PR_EMS_AB_HOME_MTA_W)
{CMAPISession::GetExchangeServerDnFromSession} (Exit) Status: [<0x8004010f>]
{CMAPISession::CreateMapiSession} (Exit) Status: [<0x8004010f>]

so did enter the homemta DN? Or create a new system mbx? Or do the ex cmdlet to update the attributes?