cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error loading item in Outlook 2000

andrew_Clure
Level 3
I am having a problem with Enterprise vault 6 on some users systems. All clients are running Outlook 2000 and client extensions have been installed without any apparent problems.

When an attempt is made to open an archived message in Outlook, the message opens but only the header is displayed along with an error just above the addressing infoarmation - saying "There was an error loading this item -- some functionailty may not be available". When the user attempts to open the messge using the Seacrh wbe page, it is opened without any problems.

The actual message is then blanked out unless it contains an attachment, then just the name of the attchment is dispalyed, not the actual attachment. I have unnistaleld the client extensions, then re-installed, deleted profiles, chaecked permissiosn on the archive. Everything I can think of....

This has only happened to some users, not all. Most are fine, yet everyone has the same hardware & OS. No errors in the event viewer on either the server or client.
Can anyone help?
3 REPLIES 3

Glenn_Martin
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Sounds like the EV add-in doesn't work properly, I also wonder if the users in question also don't have any of the EV icons displayed in the menu bar.

I've documented the no-icon & broken EV plugin on my Blog which may be of use.

http://vaulted.blog.co.uk/index.php/vaulted?tag=No%20Icons

Regards
Glenn

andrew_Clure
Level 3
Thanks for that Glenn, went through each of those but problem still remains.

The icons are always visble in the top right hand corner, just when I try to open an archived messgae direct from Outlook. It is definately workstatioon related as I have logged onto another system and it is fine and when I log on as another user it still won't work.

I have since unninstalled Outlook & EV Client, then installed again. Still exactly the same. I tmust be some software on my system causing the problem, but what???

liek most system adin, I have software isnatleld that isn't part of the standard buildm, but nothing extraordinary. The usual Active Directory/Exchange tools, Firefox & SQL Enterprise manager. Nothing else of note really. Can any of these cause a problem?

andrew_Clure
Level 3
Managed to sort this now! it was the wrong verison of EV Client! I was installing the pre SP1 edition of EV User extensions.Dumb I know....

All fine now after re-install of EV Client 6 SP1.