cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

estimate down time to update EV8sp2 to SP3

LouisD
Level 3

Morning all ( well depends on your alarm clock ) 
Just wondering how long the update should take to update are EV8 sp2 environment to SP3  Ie what sort of down time should I be looking at
we have 2 EV servers one has 3 vault stores about 510GB in the vaults and one Sql server and 2 exchange servers
also any other points to watch out for this upgrade its my first time to service pack EV so any tips or advice is welcomed.
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If all is well in your SP2 environment, you could do the upgrade in about 2 hours.

The upgrade proces itself is pretty simple, see the upgrade doc on the media.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP !!!

Make sure msmq's are empty (tasks in report mode)
Stop all services
install sp3
on EV-directoryserver, start admin and directory service (upgrades directory db)
start storageservice (upgrades store and fp db)
start other services.
you're up and running again.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

Check out the attached sheet. It has several steps to follow whilst upgrading to sp3 (I used it also!)
Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA

If all is well in your SP2 environment, you could do the upgrade in about 2 hours.

The upgrade proces itself is pretty simple, see the upgrade doc on the media.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP !!!

Make sure msmq's are empty (tasks in report mode)
Stop all services
install sp3
on EV-directoryserver, start admin and directory service (upgrades directory db)
start storageservice (upgrades store and fp db)
start other services.
you're up and running again.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

Check out the attached sheet. It has several steps to follow whilst upgrading to sp3 (I used it also!)
Regards. Gertjan

LouisD
Level 3
Thanks GertjanA
I like your thinking BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP !!! followed by some more BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP !!!
your spreadsheet all makes it  straight forward steps which is a great help
So I know what I am at for the weekend

thanks again
Louis

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I have a question...why go to SP3 when SP4 is available. It will take the same amount of time and you get all the hotfixes and enhancements and it brings yo up to the latest version...

GertjanA

I agree. forgot to put that in. Goto SP4
Regards. Gertjan

LouisD
Level 3

we are part of a domain and are mail gateway has sp3 owa and rpc extension installed so we want to match that for the tool bar to appear in OWA interface i am right is saying that ??

LouisD
Level 3
Thanks Lads for you help worked a charm took 2 hours could be quicker but i took my time not to mess up only issue was OAW toolbar still not showing but will sort that today

GertjanA
Hello Louis,

If the question has been answered, could you close this question, and mark an answer as a solution?

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan