cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ev11.0.1 smtp journal archiving - seperating

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

Suppose I have 10 sites worldwide. Suppose I configure the respective Exchange to journal messages using smtp to a central ev site performing only journal archiving. Suppose I have the need to seperate the archived items to site specific smtp archive (in a journal store). How would that be configured?

We might have 3 EV servers performing Journal SMTP archiving. Each server will have access to a journal partition on an HCP device using the streamer. Should I have 3 partitions (namespaces) , or just 1, and have all 3 servers write to the 1 namespace? 

Should I then configure an unique smtp-targetaddress on each Exchange site?

like evsmtpus.domain.com, evsmtpusa.domain.com, evuss.domain.com

Then use address rewriting on EACH ev server to perform the split?

evsmtpus.domain.com:alias GenericUS (define archive 1)

evsmtpusa.domain.com:alias NorthAM (dfine archive 2)

evsmptuss.domain.com:alias SouthAM (define archive 3)

archive 1, 2 and 3 will be in each be in a seperate journalstore, all in one journal vault store group.

How would you do this? Anyone experience in a similar setup?

Reason for asking is different retention requirements, and allowing DA acess to specific archives.

Thanks.

Gertjan!

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

We figured we're going to use the domain part of the smtp reciever address as seperator.

like :

evsmtp@us.domain.local

evsmtp@ap.domain.local

evsmtp@eu.domain.local

The rewriting will be done to determine the archive to be used if we need multiple smtp archiving servers.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA

We figured we're going to use the domain part of the smtp reciever address as seperator.

like :

evsmtp@us.domain.local

evsmtp@ap.domain.local

evsmtp@eu.domain.local

The rewriting will be done to determine the archive to be used if we need multiple smtp archiving servers.

Regards. Gertjan