Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchangembxtype values and meaning

SheldonDsouza
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

I am looking to query the ExchangeMailboxEntry Table in SQL and subsequently make a couple of changes as well.

While we are not using EV Reports in this environment, I need to depend on direct interaction with SQL.

I understand the risks I would be undertaking, but this will be a one time activity. Once I get to install and configure EV Reports or get the desired results from running SQL Queries (Select Statements), I do not have to make direct changes in SQL

Hence I need to know what are the different values for exchangembxtype and their meaning?

Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Looked @ my LAB & I belive “ExchangeMbxType” represents whether the mailbox is a user/journal/system mailbox.

0=SystemMailbox (configured in the properties of archiving task)

1=User mailbox

2=Journal mailbox

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

1 is a user mailbox and 2 is a journal mailbox

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Looked @ my LAB & I belive “ExchangeMbxType” represents whether the mailbox is a user/journal/system mailbox.

0=SystemMailbox (configured in the properties of archiving task)

1=User mailbox

2=Journal mailbox

SheldonDsouza
Level 4
Certified

Thank You Pradeep

Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza

SheldonDsouza
Level 4
Certified

Thank you Andrew...

Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza

SheldonDsouza
Level 4
Certified

Hello once again... a small deviation from the topic.

It concerns another field in the ExchangeMailboxEntry Table; "MbxArchivingState"

In one technote, it gives the possible values for this field. In the environment I am working on, I see a value 3.

The technote I am quoting is TECH204081

Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited
To answer your last comment, excerpt from one of my SQL queries:- WHEN MbxArchivingState = 0 THEN 'Provisioned but not Enabled for Archiving' WHEN MbxArchivingState = 1 THEN 'Enabled for Archiving' WHEN MbxArchivingState = 2 THEN 'Archiving Disabled' WHEN MbxArchivingState = 3 THEN 'System Mailbox' So all mailboxes with an ExchangeMbxType of 0 should have a MbxArchivingState of 3.