cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclude an exchange account from EV Vault

pgajdek
Level 2

I have an Executive that dosn't want his exchange mail account archived how do I exclude this 1 user?

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If he is enabled, restore his archived mail and then run through the disable mailbox wizard to disable from future archiving.  Then I would create a Provisioning Group with him as a target, just in case you ever set auto-enable on your provisioning groups for the rest of the users.

pgajdek
Level 2

what happens to all the archcived emails ?

EVAdmin2016
Level 4
I would imagine they are still in EV, you would probably want to perform an export and export all his archived emails back to his mailbox before you EV disable his mailbox with Tony's suggestion above.

pgajdek
Level 2

thanks! all!!

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you place him in a seperate provisioning group, then deselect the 'archive mailboxes in this PG' checkbox.

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

GertjanA's way is probably better.

If you just disable the user it might accidently be enabled in a process of activating some new users.

If you have a seperate Provisioning group where automatical archiving is disabled, there should not be a problem.

The Export way was right. Export Wizard to PST. And then either keep the PST bound to Outlook or copy the files into the mailbox.

EVAdmin2016
Level 4

You can export the archived emails directly back to the user's mailbox rather than messing around with PSTs, choose the option "Export archives to their original mailboxes". Just watchout for exchange mailbox quotas if you have quotas enabled on the mailbox.