cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclude applications from recalling EV FSA placeholder files

Nickcru
Level 2

I need to exclude Netbackup and Symantec EndPoint Protection from recalling files on my file servers.

Can some one help me with the list of .exe's to add to the registy to be ecxluded for these two application?

if I use method 1 from https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH51039

Method 1:

Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.

1.  Go to Start | Run and type Regedit to open the Windows Registry.

2.  For Windows 32 bits version, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS\EnterpriseVault\FSA. For Windows 64 bits version, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\FSA.

3.  Right-click on PlaceholderService and choose New | String Value and enter the name ExcludedExes.

4.  Edit the ExcludedExes string to specify the names of the program executable files, separated by semicolons (;). For example, to exclude Windows Explorer, 'MyBackupProgram' and a program called 'MyAntivirus' enter the following:

Explorer.exe;MyBackupProgram.exe;MyAntivirus.exe

5.  Restart the Enterprise Vault File Placeholder Service

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Pretty sure Netbackup is going to be bpbkar32.exe and SEP is going to be rtvscan.exe, but you're really going to want to double-check that with those products' support folks, rather than taking an EV agent's word for it.

--Chris

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

EV12.2 allows to exclude specific service account for recalls.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/14499690-121370887-0/v11743238-121370887

For example, you can use this mechanism to exclude the accounts that run backup or antivirus programs from recalling files.

I don't know if that exists in your EV version, but worth a check :)

Regards. Gertjan