cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expiry data

VersEV1
Level 4

we have requirement delete data from ev that 2012 and older. what is best way?? both email and fsa

7 REPLIES 7

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
IMHO adjust the retention policies associated with that data to meet your requirement, enable expiry, and wait for some duration for it to complete.

but how? what adjust to?? we pick date of Decmeber 31 2014 to delete everything older 

Prone2Typos
I would suggest starting somewhere near here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/122376360-125067086-0/index

GertjanA

Hello,

If you don't know how to do this, I strongly advise to get in touch with someone who does. The question you ask (no offense intended) implies you do not know your way around in EV. You risk of deleting more than allowed (or less). You might also 'break' something else...

It should not take more than a day, but it will bemoney well spend.

Regards. Gertjan

Prone2Typos
I agree and applaud the diplomatic delivery of such a sensitive message. I deleted several messages with the same intention and less diplomacy prior to my last response.

VersEV1
Level 4

sorry i use google calcualte 1,732 days December 31, 2014 - September 28, 2019. made easy. thanks

for reference future, use google to calcualte number of days from present day to date of expiry. set retention categories and run but dont NOT leave. change each day by 1 day and then disable or change retention when finsihed with all. use archive protect settings on advanced tab to limit archives at time if need