cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export from vault search?

goof717
Level 5

Hi. thanks for the time.

we are doing an investigation and I was searching through the vault stores and was able to see the emails I wanted to hand over to legal.  However there is no option to export? just to add to basket or delete basket? or restore to mailbox....which i dont want to do.

What other options do I have?  I have discovery accelerator but not able to get the results I want from it?  is there a user guide to that? not the admin guide...im getting confused on this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hiya,

What version of EV?  You can use this TN to allow an export to PST.

How to Export User archive or Journal archive created Basket content to a PST file.

Article:HOWTO53003  |  Created: 2011-05-16  |  Updated: 2011-08-10  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO53003

Ideally you would use Discovery Accelerator for this.  There is an end user guide for DA, you can find that here:

Symantec Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator 10.0.3 - Reviewer's Guide

DOC6254 | 2012-12-20

You could also view this, it might help.

Changes to Accelerator Searches in Symantec Enterprise Vault 10

his module covers changes to the Enterprise Vault 10 accelerators, including Accelerator search changes for 64-bit indexing and archive selection during search creation.

Launch Module

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Hiya,

What version of EV?  You can use this TN to allow an export to PST.

How to Export User archive or Journal archive created Basket content to a PST file.

Article:HOWTO53003  |  Created: 2011-05-16  |  Updated: 2011-08-10  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO53003

Ideally you would use Discovery Accelerator for this.  There is an end user guide for DA, you can find that here:

DOC6254 | 2012-12-20

You could also view this, it might help.

Changes to Accelerator Searches in Symantec Enterprise Vault 10

his module covers changes to the Enterprise Vault 10 accelerators, including Accelerator search changes for 64-bit indexing and archive selection during search creation.

Launch Module

goof717
Level 5

thanks for the quick response Tony.  I was doing a search earlier today based on a case I created and for some reason it never came up with any results...just kept searching but I can see them when I do a journal search. so i dont know if i have to be more patient since it is searching the entire vault? i remember before the searches were pretty quick.

TonySterling

You might want to be sure to restrict the search to the journal archive.  The search should be pretty quick so there might be something going on there, you would need to get with the DA administrator.