cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting journalmailbox to PST and remove items after

cycloB
Level 3

I want to clean space from EV storage and I try export my journal mailbox to pst with "Remove exported items from archive" but result of this action 0 items.

How can I to export and delete items from EV storage? 

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe you must enter a rootpath...

I would try \inbox as first.

Regards. Gertjan

I done this, but it still "0" items export

GertjanA

Can you start a normal export? When started, let it run for a few items, then stop/cancel

This proves you can export from this archive.

Now verify your policy settings to see if you are actually allowed to remove items from the archive. If your retention is set to 'keep forever', you will not be able to delete items from the archive. If you have it set for 'keep 5 years', and the items you want to export ar 4 years, no removal.

The whole purpose of a Journal Archive is to make sure that you keep items as long as (legally) required. You might need to call support to further assist.

Regards. Gertjan

I can normal export.

I will verify policy at my EV.

Thank you for consaltation. 

GertjanA

It might be easier to enable storage expiry, and let EV remove items from the archive which are over retention period.

I'm not sure you can actually export and remove items from a Journal Archive, due to the 'extra' information (journal enveloppe etc.) in the items.

It might be worth a call to support to see if they can assist.

Regards. Gertjan

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This is because the "Remove exported items from archive" setting is tied to the "Export all items from this root folder path" setting. That is, the only time you can remove the items as you export is if you're exporting from a specific folder.

Your journal archive is an unstructured archive, which means it doesn't have folders. So when your export job queries EV and says "give me all the items in this archive that are in the '\Inbox' folder" (or in the '\' folder or any other folder), EV replies that no items meet that condition, which is why you're seeing zero items exported.

It sounds like you're trying to export the whole archive to PST and then delete all the items. If so, then why not just export using the "Export all items" option and then when you're done right-click the archive and delete it?

--Chris