Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide file archive from the vault search

Nishant_p
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Merry Christmas friends, 

I am looking for customization with enterprise vault search, I have enterprise vault setup in a windows failover cluster and archiving File system and mailbox. 

I have a requirement to hide the files archive from vault search for all the organization, I can see that there is an option available but for that, I have to do one by one for every single user which not possible as I have more than 3k users.

I looking option to hide file search from preferences at the root level so it will apply to all the users. 

thanks for your support !

if these feature is not available then please consider for product enhancement 

archive.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You cant remove that checkbox as long as you have archives in the File System subtree in the VAC. You would need to get rid of all the archives in the File System subtree in order for the option to go away for everyone, which I am sure you dont want to do.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 5.15.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-07 at 5.16.39 PM.pngHere are two screenshots of my lab. On the left you see File is there with archives in the list. I went ahead and deleted all the archives and the screenshot on the right shows File is now gone.

Nishant_p
Level 4
Partner Accredited

thanks for your reply  

we have a large number of archives hence it is not possible to do one by one, as per the update from support engineer it is product limitation and requested me to submit product enhancement