cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I delete a test file vault store archive?

Staun_RTX
Level 4
We have tested the file-archiving but now needs to delete this. Here is what I have done so far.

1. Deleted the file-server
2. Deleted the volumes
3. Deleted the Archive (under Archives > File System
4 Marked the Vault Store Group > FileTestArchive (it now has a red X over the vault)

But the vault store never gets deleted for some reason. I can see the database size on our database-server is aprox. 4 GB

Anyone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I would recommend a call to support.  There are some things you can do to reset the status but you should probably have support help you with it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 How long has it had a red X for?  Maybe just try restarting the Storage Service.

Staun_RTX
Level 4
It has had the red X for 2 or 3 weeks now

ajeje_brazor
Level 3

- Event Viewer at the time you deleted the item (could be you see an error/warning message self explaining)

and:
- Site Settings (Users can delet items....)
- Retention category (Prevent deletion.....) of some archives contained in Vault Store.

Staun_RTX
Level 4
argghh, the eventviewer has been cleaned.

Where do I find the Site Settings and Retention Category (remember fileserver, volume etc., has been deleted)

TonySterling
In the Vault Admin console your Retention Categories will be listed under Policies.

Site Settings:
1. Open the VAC.
2. Go to the Site level properties.
3. On the General tab verify that the option "Users can delete items from their archives" is checked.
Note: When enabling the "Users can delete items from their archives" option it will be necessary to restart the IIS Admin service and also to synchronize all the mailboxes. (If this does not work right away you may need to reboot the EV server to allow it to take effect faster or also try doing a run now in report mode ).

Retention Category property tab:
4. Open the VAC.
5. Expand to the Retention Categories.
6. Right click on each retention category and select properties.
7. On the General tab verify that the option "Prevent deletion of archived items in this category" is not checked.

TonySterling
Just read your original post.  Users can delete and RC will not cause what you are seeing.

I have seen this before, let me look through some old notes and get back to you.  :)

TonySterling
Did you try deleting the Vault Store first before trying to delete the group?

Staun_RTX
Level 4
as I remember I deleted the Group first and then volume, server etc. and I cannot reverse this now

Staun_RTX
Level 4

As for the users can delete items - this is not checked (we are already archiving mailboxes and do not want users to delete archived mails)

As for Retention Category - none of the RC are checked.

TonySterling
I would recommend a call to support.  There are some things you can do to reset the status but you should probably have support help you with it.

Regards,

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Do you need any more information here?
If not, and you are satisfied with a provided answer, can you choose this as Solution, please?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.