Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to have a report for a how many emails sent outside my organization

Ahmed_Abd_ElGel
Level 4
Partner Accredited
dears,

i've two enterprise vault servers working with Exchange 2007

one for them responsible for a mailbox archiving, and other for journal archving and both servers working perfectly

now i've a demand from my managment to generate a schedule base reports for who is recieving/sending emails from outside my company

the report should include the sender and reciever email address, when??, how many times

my question is with my current setup can i get such report??

also promting discovery Accerelator or Complaince Accerelator , can help in my situation or not

thanks in advance
Ahmed Abd ElGelil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Ahmed,

This information will need to be supplied by the gateway, as there is no easy was in knowing this information in Enterprise Vault as guy states.  If you using an SMTP gateway get it from there, if not you will need to get the stats from Exchange like guy stated.....

--wayne

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
I would expect that this infomation would be better supplied by your exchange configuration and any MS exchange reporting. I believe that SQL has an exchange reporting add in.

Ev, reporting will report on what is acctually being vaulted, Exchange will provide reports on message flow and throughput.

CA is a compliance program that will provide a snapshot of random sampled emails that have been archived from the journal but this is a random snapshot and is used for legal compliance.

DA is purely a search facility that is much like normal EV search just on steroids.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Ahmed,

This information will need to be supplied by the gateway, as there is no easy was in knowing this information in Enterprise Vault as guy states.  If you using an SMTP gateway get it from there, if not you will need to get the stats from Exchange like guy stated.....

--wayne