cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restore items from EV Storage Queue?

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I see that EV 11 Storage Queue is a good point for end users - no Pending shortcuts between EV partititon backups etc. But what about potential restore procedure?

Because when I use traditional Safety Copies in end-user mailboxes, and a failure impacts EV partition before backup, I can simply revert Pending shortcuts back into original mails.

But with Safety Copies in Storage Queue, under the same failure scenario, is it possible to use them SQ for reverting shortcuts into original mails?

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

that's a good question and it depends where the failure is. i think you would have to restore the storage queue from backup in order for EV to process the pending items. the idea is that the storage queue will be seperate from your EV partition, sql , indexes, etc. at least that's my take on it

Michal_Mikulik1

To be more clear, in this scenario I suppose EV partition lost (with some new items and without their backup yet) and SQ preserved.

Regards

AndrewB

if you dont store the SQ on the same drive as the EV partition that you lost then what issue do you foresee?

Michal_Mikulik1

Let me to re-explain this in other words:

- when I use Safety Copy in an original location, then after EV partition data loss, I can still view the whole content of original items in mailbox.

- when I use Safety Copy in a Storage Queue, then after EV partition data loss, can I still view in some way the whole content of items? (in mailboxes, I have just shortcuts, and on a partition, data are supposed to be lost)

AndrewB

sorry for the confusion. the point is that with the safety copies still in the SQ, once you restore EV it will be able to complete the processing for those items and bridge the gap so data shouldn't be lost.