Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need to delete selective archived emails for all users

Ahmed_Abd_ElGel
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Dears,
i've a customer with EV 8.0 SP2 installed to archive users' mailboxes, and it works great

but due to a big expansion of the archived data , customer want to delete some certian archived emails for all users, emails contains video/Audio unsolicated emails, based on some certain attachements extension

with another meaning i need to delete any archived email containg wmv/mp3/wma ...

i've searched through EVPM capabilities but didn't found any hopeful hints

anyone can help me with mention that the number of users is over 10k+ , and expected unsolicated mails exceed 10TB+

thanks in advance and looking for your response

Ahmed Abd ElGelil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There genuinely is only one way you can do it
give the ev admin full access to everyones archive and then use search.asp to find the item then delete it through search

another way to identify them through the db, is if you have discovery accelerator, if you can run a search against that particular email and then put it on a hold.
after that, run a query linking savesetholdgroup, savesethold and saveset, that will give you a list of the items on that particular hold, export it to a CSV or excel spreadsheet
remove or delete the hold, then you can either delete the items out of saveset table but is not recommended, you can then use vsverify to clean it up
OR when you have the list of savesets you can format some deleteo2k.asp requests using the savesetID's vaultID's

simplest way though is through search
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

M_Abdelaleem
Level 3
Partner
Dear Ahmed,
you can expire the storage by date admin guide page 65 if this will help you. i'll try to find another solution and post it

NilsV
Level 3
Partner
I don't think there is a neat solution to this problem. Basically these are the steps you need to perform:

- Find the saveset-ids of all items that have an unwanted extension in them
- Delete those

The problem here is step 1. I cannot think of a way to do this without perfoming a SQL query, directly on the database.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There genuinely is only one way you can do it
give the ev admin full access to everyones archive and then use search.asp to find the item then delete it through search

another way to identify them through the db, is if you have discovery accelerator, if you can run a search against that particular email and then put it on a hold.
after that, run a query linking savesetholdgroup, savesethold and saveset, that will give you a list of the items on that particular hold, export it to a CSV or excel spreadsheet
remove or delete the hold, then you can either delete the items out of saveset table but is not recommended, you can then use vsverify to clean it up
OR when you have the list of savesets you can format some deleteo2k.asp requests using the savesetID's vaultID's

simplest way though is through search
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ahmed_Abd_ElGel
Level 4
Partner Accredited
the problem is i 've 10K+ users, it doesn't make any sense to open their archive individually then search and delete\

any way thanks for all