cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone email app and EV

gparker
Level 4
Partner

Hi, we're running EV 9.0.1 in our Exchange 2010-SP1 environment. I know that I can configure Mobile Search for iPhone users to browser their archives, but can the native email client on the iPhone see the shortcut icons or distinguish the shortcuts from the unarchived items and open them to retrieve the archived messages? If the native email program on the iPhone can't do it, is their a 3rd party iPhone app that can - eg is there an "Outlook for iPhone app"?

George.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

SImple answer, no there is not an iphone client that will allow you to open shortcuts.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

SImple answer, no there is not an iphone client that will allow you to open shortcuts.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Wayne is correct, there currently isn't an app (same for Android by the way)

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

well, no mobile client for any phone.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

would an android client intrest anyone?

AndrewB

yes very much!

JesusWept3
Level 6

i've heard rumblings that there is an iphone app coming out that isnt just an AE port, but honestly, i can't imagine the corporate demand for Android or iPhone being there, it'd be a nice thing to have but i think from an administrative and security perspective that the Blackberry would be the only thing that corps would be interested in

After all the security and management abilities for the BB blows the other smart phones out of the water

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Koray_Alkan1
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Hi All,

Commondesk (http://www.commondesk.com/ ) has got a solution for viewing archives over iPhone. It is called ARCviewer (http://arcviewer.com/).

Just FYI

Koray

AndrewB

wow, i'm happy to learn about this. the website claims they have a blackberry client too!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think there is a high corporate demand for iPhone .. at least.  Maybe not so much for Android.  Consider that if you iPhone you also get (almost for free) iPad.  Both are important (with Android too) if we as a world want access to data "anywhere".

Oh, and Symantec folks are "beginning" to get corporate iPhones in some areas/regions.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB

According to their marketing material, the Android client is due in Q4 this year.

gparker
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for all your input, muich appreciated. I'll configure Mobile Search in the first instance as it's included with EV and I'll have a look into the arcviwer software too.

George.