cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac osx 10.7 access to ev 10 email archive and safari 5

elbutre
Level 4

hi

currently mac osx 10.7 is still pending ev 10 compatibility for both the outlook plugin for mac office 2011 and safari 5 using OWA

i have managed to get OWA working using safari 5 by enabling the developer agent and using user agent opera 11.11 for mac or windows (basically safari presents itself to the webserver as a opera 11.11 client)

but this is clearly not something i would want to avocate my users to use

apart from waiting for EV 10 SP1 (where i hope both  the mac outlook 2011 client on mac osx 10.7.x will be supported and hopefully also safari 5, firefox will probably be on release 15 by then as they keep incremting their versioning by 1 every couple of weeks) has anyone else got the mac office 2011 client working on mac osx 10.7.x or mac for outlook 2011

it seems a bit strange that nearly 7 months after safari 5 and 10.7 have been released this is still not supported by EV.

i know the vast majority of clients are windows based but if you are going to create a client for the macs which symantec have done why cant this work with 7 month old OS and browser?

we already use mimecast for our AV and spam filtering and i think we might be forced to start using them for email archiving as well if symantec don't get this up and running soon

sorry did not mean to turn this into a rant but if anyone got 10.7 and safari 5 to work with ev 10 please let me know how you achieved this.

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_Brown
Level 5
Employee

Outlook 2011 for Mac add-in support for OS X 10.7 will come with the immeniment 10.0.1 release (end of this month).

The OWA piece is slightly different and is not just a proliferation request i.e. support a new version. At present the Enterprise Vault OWA extensions do not support any browser outside of Internet Explorer due to the way that other browsers handle the extensions. We know there is work to be done here and at present the plan is to do this for the next major release of Enterprise Vault and then begin supporting non-Internet Explorer browsers in conjunction with the Enterprise Vault OWA extensions.

On the Safari 5 and Firefox 3.n support front (for access to Enterprise Vault search) we are working on this and expect to have this done very soon.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Alex_Brown
Level 5
Employee

Outlook 2011 for Mac add-in support for OS X 10.7 will come with the immeniment 10.0.1 release (end of this month).

The OWA piece is slightly different and is not just a proliferation request i.e. support a new version. At present the Enterprise Vault OWA extensions do not support any browser outside of Internet Explorer due to the way that other browsers handle the extensions. We know there is work to be done here and at present the plan is to do this for the next major release of Enterprise Vault and then begin supporting non-Internet Explorer browsers in conjunction with the Enterprise Vault OWA extensions.

On the Safari 5 and Firefox 3.n support front (for access to Enterprise Vault search) we are working on this and expect to have this done very soon.

elbutre
Level 4

thanks for your reply. i will look forward to getting 10.0.1 installed and get the mac outlook 2011 add in working, that would be huge for us

many thanks

Alex_Brown
Level 5
Employee

Update: Safari 5 is now supported and will appear as such in the next revision of the compatibility guide.

elbutre
Level 4

I just completed upgrade from ev10 to ev10sp1 but safari 5 on the mac (10.7.3) is not working (it only loads the shortcuts)

did you mean safari 5 on windows or mac?

will test the oultook for mac 2011 plugin tomorrow