Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating partitions from an Object based storage device to block based storage

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys

i'm familiar with the process of moving partitons and updating SQL when moving from one location to another i.e. c:\stores to v:\stores etc

however has anyone got any experience in moving EV archives from an object based storage system to regular presented LUNs ?

thanks

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You'll have to do a migration via Move Archive or a paid for third party migration piece such as TransVault, Akaibu, Archive Shuttle etc
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You'll have to do a migration via Move Archive or a paid for third party migration piece such as TransVault, Akaibu, Archive Shuttle etc
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the reply,

this is going to be for all user and file archives so im hoping that there isnt a massive amount of manual work involved.

last time i did a move archive i remember that it didnt remove the original archive meaning that the user would have access to both archives

is this the case with the 'move archive' and if so is there a clean way to remove the old archive

Thanks

C

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the third party tool/service helps alleviate the manual work and the risk associated with that too. without it, yes there's a massive amount to do. of course, it's all relative to how many archives and how much data you have.

Mike_Yee
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

To confirm, that is expected behavior of Move Archive, the old archive is left intact after the move so the admin can decide when to delete, if required to keep for some time you can remove the user permissions to the old archive.  Also note that Move Archive doesn't support File System Archives.