cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move archive - shortcut processing - where?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We're moving archives from 1 store to another. The new store is on a new EV-server, same site. The mailboxes will not be moved. The new ev-server targets a specific Exchange server, NOT being the one where the mailboxes related to these archives are located.

After the initial move, Move Archive is "waiting to update shortcuts". The event states: "Reason: Waiting for shortcut processing. This will occur during the next scheduled or manual run of the archiving task on the destination server."

What is ment with the 'destination server'? If this is the EV-server where the archive is moved to, this one does NOT have a task targeting the exchange-server where the mailboxes are. If this is the EV-server that runs the task archiving the Exchange server where the mailboxes are, how long does it take to do the shortcut-processing, and should I not see an 'moved item summary' logfile in the ..\reports\archiving folder?

When the move completes, mailboxes will be moved afterwards...

Hence my other question previously, what is the proper order of moving archives? Move mailbox first to the Exchange server that is being targeted by the new EV-server, then move archives? Or can I move archives first, then move the mailboxes? Should the mailboxes be moved at all?

Thanks,

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

It means when the Archiving task runs against the mailbox, and as for how long it takes; that's down to the number of shortcuts that are in the mailbox, but it shouldn't be an overly long amount of time

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

It means when the Archiving task runs against the mailbox, and as for how long it takes; that's down to the number of shortcuts that are in the mailbox, but it shouldn't be an overly long amount of time