cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moved user mailbox from Exchange server 2007 to another exchange server on another domain

joudi_agha
Level 3
Partner Accredited

hi guys,

please can you help me and tell me what the Procedures and steps that should i follow it if i want to move one of user mailbox's that already enabled his mailbox for archiving to another exchange server on another domain target within the same site.

i appreciate the support here, thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello - My comment was in reference to if you have more than one EV server where the Archiving Tasks are handled by different EV servers.  The reason is because an Archive is associated with the Storage Service on the EV server where it was initially enabled.  So if you move a mailbox so it is handled by a task on EV2, while they were initially enabled using a Task on EV1, the Archive would be on EV1 while the Mailbox is being handled by a Task on EV2. If both Tasks are on EV1, the Storage won't be different so there wouldn't be an issue.

I hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will want to set the SynchInMigrationMode registy key to 1.

SynchInMigrationMode

Article:HOWTO58275  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-01-18  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58275

Chris_Warren
Level 5

Also, if you are moving EV servers (Exchange1 on EV1, Exchange2 on EV2), you would also want to move the archive to the server that runs the Mailbox Archiving Task, usually using the Move Archive option.

joudi_agha
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Tony,

unfurtunately,the user amilbox was moved to another exchange server before set the SynchInMigrationMode registy key to 1 , so there are any problem if doing that now or there are any new steps should i follow it.

joudi_agha
Level 3
Partner Accredited

dear chris,

please can you tell me what you mean exactly, did u mean that when i move any user maibox was enabled for archiving from exchange server to another and each one of that exchange servers has diffrent archiving task ,should i also move the archive for that user to the new exchange server vault that i move the user on it.

if that what you mean, can you please attached a technote to guide me how can i do that.

thx for supporting

Chris_Warren
Level 5

Hello - My comment was in reference to if you have more than one EV server where the Archiving Tasks are handled by different EV servers.  The reason is because an Archive is associated with the Storage Service on the EV server where it was initially enabled.  So if you move a mailbox so it is handled by a task on EV2, while they were initially enabled using a Task on EV1, the Archive would be on EV1 while the Mailbox is being handled by a Task on EV2. If both Tasks are on EV1, the Storage won't be different so there wouldn't be an issue.

I hope this clarifies.