Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple errors reported in the event log. event ID 8390

total_noob
Level 4
Partner
Old story short:
EV installed on virtual machine dident work to well last year so the customer i work for decided to install a new EV installation on a physical server this year. All the archives were exported to PST files before the shutdown of the EV server. This happened sometime last year.
The new EV was installed last week and we imported some PST into the users archives for testing purposes. The old and the new EV server are almost identical when it comes to configuration.

Specs:
win 2003 32bit standard R2, EV 8.0 sp4

The problem:
When activating the option for "updating moved shortcuts" the event log fills up with errors with the event ID 8390. Shutting of the option resolves the issue.
The description says:

"the enterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.  The RPC server is unavailable"

I ran a Dtrace of the archive task and found several lines where it seems like the task is trying to process shortcuts from the old EV site. The alias of the ols EV site is mentioned several times in the log.

So turning of the option for moved shortcuts is not an option in our case so i wonder if there is any other solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes EV is trying to goto the old system to get information on those items etc.  So in reality these are now broken and won't work.  Really all you can do is look to use an agressive shortcut expiry policy of some kind to get rid of them

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes EV is trying to goto the old system to get information on those items etc.  So in reality these are now broken and won't work.  Really all you can do is look to use an agressive shortcut expiry policy of some kind to get rid of them

Mike

total_noob
Level 4
Partner
I see..

Does this problem have any impact on the rest of the EV site? Can i safely activate more users for archiving while this error is active?

Changing the dns so it points to the correct alias would probably cause the "delete orphaned" shortcuts to delete the shortcuts with errors, but that is not very desirable.