cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple journal tasks

scottdking
Level 3
Partner
I have a client that would like to setup 2 journal mailboxes in their environment.  Mail flowing through these mailboxes will be from different users based upon an internal compliance policy they have implemented. The mail that will be archived from these two journal mailboxes will have different retention categories.  There is a single Exchange server.

My question is, can I create two journal tasks each pointing to separate journal mailboxes on the same Exchange server?  The journal tasks will have different retention categories.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

theres no real need for multiple tasks, unless you wanted the ability to stop journaling one mailbox (say for troubleshooting issues) you should just create the two archives as suggested above, and have them both archived by the same task

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You can have 2 or more journal task according to your need ...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
The following configurations can be set up :
1. One journal task can manage multiple journal mailboxes that reside on a single Exchange server.
2. You can have one journal mailbox per store and one task to journal it.

3. You can use the same journal mbx for all stores on one server and use only one journal task to journal it.

Note: All these scenarios can be configured to use the same journal archive.

You can have multiple Exchange journal tasks pointing to the same Exchange server but not Exchange archive tasks.

scottdking
Level 3
Partner
Thanks for the response Raul.  It sounds as if i can accomplish what I am looking for.  Only difference from the above listed is that I want to use different journal archives, not the same.  

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello Scott,

You can define which archive a journal mailbox needs to use.
follow the guide to setup journal archiving
that will get you where you can define which archive to use.

From the top of my head:
(version 8:0)
Create VaultStore (and a specific VSgroup if you want) and partition/indexlocation etc
Create archive in vault store
define the journalmailbox
define journal task, which prompts you which mailbox to target, and which archive to use.
Regards. Gertjan

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You can use a different journal arhive ,it should not be an issue ....

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

theres no real need for multiple tasks, unless you wanted the ability to stop journaling one mailbox (say for troubleshooting issues) you should just create the two archives as suggested above, and have them both archived by the same task

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146