EV 10.0.4.1189 R1
EVDG 8.5.3FP5
Domino 8.5.3FP5

Mac OSX 10.8.5
Notes 8.5.3FP5

windows environment notes can manually archive and restore
mac environment notes cant manually archive,but can manually restore

enable client logging on Mac

CN=Admin/OU=xxxx/O=xxxx    EVInitializeDB        Notes Version=[Release 8.5.3FP5|July 31, 2013]   Current Database=[mail\admin.nsf]   Current Database Template=[EVR85Mail]   DB's Notes URL=[notes://xxxx@xxxx/__482577540006B457.nsf?OpenDatabase]   DB's HTTP URL=[]
CN=Admin/OU=xxxx/O=xxxx    ExecuteOperation    Operation=[Archive to EV]  # documents selected for processing=[1]
CN=Admin/OU=xxxx/O=xxxx    ExecuteOperation    List of selected documents [NoteID, UniversalID]: [26886, 6289DE4CFD5EF80D48257CCF005D6C9F]; 
CN=Admin/OU=xxxx/O=xxxx    EVSETNOTEPROPERTY   Line:23Error in loading DLL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MassimoVagli
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Seifer, 

Like mentioned in the case I have created the following technote about it http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217395

Massimo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MassimoVagli
Level 4

Hello, 

The manual archiving from Lotus Notes clients 'only' marks the item(s) to be archived in the next archiving task on the EV Server, it is basically setting the parameter EV_FLAG to "ArchiveMeNow".

Is this the unique client action not working?

Can you give me the confirmation that for other MAC Clients you are getting the same?

Massimo

Seifer
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Thanks to reply

two Domino customer all Mac have this problem

i know manual archiving from Lotus Notes clients only marks the pending archive icon

This pending icon is displayed in the windows environment
Do not displayed this pending icon in mac environment

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi Seifer,

I can see from cross referring that error to the relevant code that it is occurring because the code is trying to use an IBM C API method loaded from the W32 nnotes.dll. This specific DLL version is obviously not available on a MAC, hence why you see the 'Error in loading DLL' error in the log file.

I am not entirely convinced that we have certified and support using the EV mail template customizations on a MAC, though the compatibility charts are not conclusive in either direction.

I would suggest you open a support case which will at least allow us to investigate this error in full and / or confirm if this is a supported configuration with the PM team.

Post the case number back here so myself and Massimo can keep an eye out for it

Regards

Paul

Seifer
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

thx Paul

This problem in China CASE ID  06524941

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi Seifer,

Thanks for the case details. It is with backline and has been escalated to my team to look at in more detail. I will do that this week and respond via the case asap

Regards

Paul

MassimoVagli
Level 4

Hello Seifer, 

Like mentioned in the case I have created the following technote about it http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217395

Massimo