cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of email reach limit in folder in VV

Y1251
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly be informed that the email will archive to Virtual Vault once email older than 30 days.

They always save their emails in signal folder so Virtual Vault may reach the limit of the number of email per folder (100000 item per folder) in Outlook as below link.

Once reach the  folder limit, the VV may unable to show up after reset in Outlook. May I know is any mothed in EV that can prevent or move email to another folder if reach the limit?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/performance/performance-issues-if-too-many-ite...

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello 

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Usually, you archive items from the mailbox (older than 30 days). These go in Enterprise Vault. Virtual Vault will get updated with these items. The limit you are indicating is a MICROSOFT limit. As VV is in Outlook, the same applies. You might want to look in the Registry Values guide (in the documents folder of the EV installation), and look for "OVStoreSize". You can use that to limit the size of the VV.

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I thinks this is the problem of max items within a mailbox folder.

There should also be a registry Key regarding this, although I do not quite remember which one it was.