cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline vault process

jgirotto
Level 4

I had a cutomer ask me the following question: "Could you tell me the process that runs when Evault is downloading to the offline vault?  I want to know since I no longer get the pop-up when it’s downloading and I want to see if it’s actually downloading when I open it in my processes menu."

I'm not sure there is an actual exe that I can point him to in his Taks Manager Processes list. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

Jeff,

The OV rebuild process is part of the EV Client and there is no separate executable so nothing to really watch in Task manager.

The best way to check is to look at the client log messages in %temp%\EV_Client_log_<Date>.log file.  Level 3 (Minimum tracing) will give all the information.  To enable minimum tracing hold CTRL+SHIFT and click any EV menu icon in Outlook.

You could also observer the OV directory in the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\<GUID> directory.

-Joe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

Jeff,

The OV rebuild process is part of the EV Client and there is no separate executable so nothing to really watch in Task manager.

The best way to check is to look at the client log messages in %temp%\EV_Client_log_<Date>.log file.  Level 3 (Minimum tracing) will give all the information.  To enable minimum tracing hold CTRL+SHIFT and click any EV menu icon in Outlook.

You could also observer the OV directory in the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\<GUID> directory.

-Joe

jgirotto
Level 4
Perfect! Thanks!