cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only one domain in forest need to archive

apomazkin
Level 5

We have a forest and 5-6 domain in it.

I deployed Enterprive Vault in my domain. but my vault system account add self to access to all forest's mailbox in other domain.

Is it very important to have permission to mailbox in other domains? I don't want to archive other domain's mailboxes.

can i remove this permissions in other domain? and how could i do right during intalling vault without other domain's permission.

i understand, that exchange stay in forest level, but access to all domain in forest is unnecessary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the bottom line is you only need permission  to the exchange servers and mailboxes you want to archive.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB

in the EV console you can add only the specific domain that you want and also you only create archiving tasks for the specific exchange servers that you want to archive from.

apomazkin
Level 5

i do. other domain's mailboxes archive nothing.

but vault add account to permission to other domain during installation

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Enterprise Vault doesn't add permissions during the install. And no, you don't need permissions to mailboxes in domains that you aren't targeting.
Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB

the bottom line is you only need permission  to the exchange servers and mailboxes you want to archive.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is there any further input needed on this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com

apomazkin
Level 5

SetEVExchangePermissions script did this permissions.

i didn't understand, can this script did permissions to one domain, not for forest.

but, it isn't already significant.