cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

perform a restore after performing a search from the EV search.asp

ph1llies05
Level 4

Great question, I was looking for the same information.

Ken,

I know you stated that you can run EV and DA without any Tasks running, but how can you perform a restore after performing a search from the EV search.asp webpage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

If you are trying to restore from the EV Search page you will need to have the appropriate mailbox archiving tasks running if you are trying to restore to a mailbox.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

If you are trying to restore from the EV Search page you will need to have the appropriate mailbox archiving tasks running if you are trying to restore to a mailbox.

ph1llies05
Level 4

Hi Tony,

I thought that was true, thanks for the reply.  We will be getting rid of our Exchange environment, because my organization decided to migrate to Google crying.  We'll still need to perform searchs from the EV, so we will setup a local Exchange server (specific to my domain) with the mailbox role and configure EV to perform restores to it.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry, ph1llies05.  I answered this under the old thread, not noticing at the time that your question was under this new thread.

As Tony said, you would need the archiving task to run if you want to restore to the original location. So, no, you cannot restore as the original or other mailboxes are no longer available.  You can, however, export to PST using the Vault Admin Console, or you can export to MSG, HTML, or PST files using DA.

I hope this information helps.

Ken