cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pgp on desktop ev8sp4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

A user states that when we were running on ev7.5 he could archive items from his mailbox that were encrypted using pgp. we're currently on 8sp4, which does not do this anymore. As far as I can determine, ev8sp4 does not work with pgp.

Do i understand correct that if you use the adapter, that only will work for journal archiving? And that if we want users to have pgp we need pgp server to allow ev to decrypt and store messages?

Thanks

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
3 REPLIES 3

SymcMarj
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Gertjan,

That is correct, the RMS adapter is only for Journal Archiving. Encrypted items at the user mailbox level will not be indexed but can be archived and retrieved by the end user as long as they have the appropriate keys.

Keep in mind that with this enabled users with Mailbox Archiving and accessing via OWA will not be able to view the archived content in OWA. 

Check out document 290147 for the admin guide on RMS for EV. 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks SymcMarj,

What might cause a user not being able to store a pgp encrypted mail manually in the vault? I'm thinking corrupted key, strange pgp version, or perhaps another issue.

Will a client trace reveal an issue (level 4)?

Regards. Gertjan

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

When you say it will not work, how does it fail? A client trace will show the call to archive the item, but if it is failing further down the line then you may need to dtrace archivetask and/or storagearchive